Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

A Christmas Present for you!

Here's a present for you, my dear readers!  It's Janey giving you a Christmas Panettone!  For those of you who didn't marry into Italian families, a Panettone is a Christmas type sweet bread, with raisins and glaze.  I am not that huge a fan of them, but they are sort of like fruitcakes or cranberry sauce or candy corns---holiday foods you just have to get whether you like them or not.  Janey is in love with the boxes.  She spent a lot of time yesterday doing very, very rare pretend play with them.  She'd bring a couple boxes (one empty, one still with the bread) over to one of us and hand it to us, then we were supposed to give it back to her and say "Here's a present!  Merry Christmas!", and then she'd take it to someone else.  A pretty basic game, but a great one to see her playing, maybe getting ready to actually open and perhaps even break a smile at some of the presents for her tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to everyone, or Merry other holidays if you don't celebrate Christmas!  I can never be sure how many people actually read this, but it's always amazing and hugely thrilling to me that anyone does.  I appreciate the chance to write here and share my thoughts, and I hope anyone reading this has a wonderful day tomorrow.

6 comments:

Sabrina Steyling said...

Merry Christmas, Suzanne! The picture of Janey handing over the Panettone is very cute; how great that she was doing some pretend playing with it!

I have truly enjoyed reading your posts and have learned from you and Janey as well. I pray that 2013 brings you and your family much happiness and many blessings!

Suzanne said...

Thank you so much, Sabrina! Your friendship and your kind words this past year have meant a lot to me. Merry Christmas to you too!

Sophie's Trains said...

Merry Christmas !

Finding your blog and getting to know Janey through your posts was one of the most helpful things in this confusing year which will always be known as the year we realized Sophie was autistic.

All the best to you guys. Looking forward to more stories in 2013 !

Suzanne said...

You made me cry with that! That means a very lot to me. It's been wonderful meeting you this year too. I look forward to hearing about Sophie's journey as we go forward! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Kristen said...

Hi Suzanne, just wanted to let you know you gained another new reader this past year (I wrote you a long Facebook message a week or so ago with my story...not sure if you saw it) and I really appreciate everything you write. Hope 2013 is a great year for you and your family.

Suzanne said...

I don't think I got it, Kristen---send it again if you wish as I'd love to read it and friend you! And thanks for your kind words and for reading the blog. I hope 2013 is good to your family also!