Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Gearing up for Easter candy

For some reason, Easter seems to be Janey's favorite holiday. It's funny because I do very little for it---the Easter Bunny doesn't visit, we no longer go to church, I don't make much of a deal of it at all. The real draw for her is the chocolate bunnies. They are showing up in stores around now, and she craves one at all times (including the parts of the year where they are no-where to be found!) Today she also was asking for candy eggs. I think Easter seems like a holiday she can understand (from a secular point of view of course), involving lots of bunnies, chicks, candy and treats. It's a part of parenting I really enjoy---seeing how my kids pick their own interests and obsessions. It keeps life interesting.

No comments: