Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

World Autism Awareness Day


I wanted to write something profound for World Autism Awareness Day, something that justified that all caps name. I know it's a made-up holiday, just short of a Hallmark Holiday. I know it's become a little disliked by some in the autism community, for various reasons. But somehow I wanted to write something that summed it all up, that let anyone reading this know what I would want them to know about autism. I actually wrote several pieces which I discarded. I couldn't quite get it right.

So the picture is my contribution. Janey is the autism I am aware of. She is my beautiful, amazing, infuriating, puzzling, fascinating and lovable example of autism. This day's for you, Janey.

1 comment:

Fab said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures.