Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Crying Morning

Yesterday was Janey's first day of afterschool.  She was playing outside when I went to get her, and was extremely, extremely happy.  She loves running around outside with other kids more than anything else in life, I think.  It was great to see her that happy.  She was initially happy to see me, but when it became apparent that I was there to take her home, she lost it---screamed and cried very loudly.  And she cried all the way home in the car, most of the evening until she went to sleep and most of the morning after she woke up.  I'm very glad she likes school that much, but it's kind of depressing that she reacted quite that strongly to being taken away from it, after being there 8 hours.

This morning at school was tough.  Janey decided in the car she wanted juice, which I didn't have in the car.  We got into the classroom and Janey saw cupcakes, there for someone's birthday, I am sure, and she tried to get one.  I grabbed her away, but not before I think she crushed one or two.  She was not at all happy.  I decided to take her down to get breakfast, as the school district now has universal free breakfast (a WONDERFUL idea, if I might say so as an aside).  However, there was no juice there at first.  Knowing Janey's preferences, they found some for her, thank goodness.  Janey calmed down a small amount, and I took her back to class.  I hope she has a good day.  She probably will, but I'm drained.

I've said it on this blog before, and I'm sure I'll say it again in the future, but crying is the toughest thing for me.  I don't know how to deal with it.  I don't know if there is a way to deal with it.  I don't know how to keep Janey happy.  I don't know if it's possible.  

Now I think I'll have a little morning nap.

No comments: