Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2009

Planning skills

Janey loves whipped cream, and we sometimes give her a little mug full (like an espresso cup). Three times today, she got the whipped cream out of the fridge, found a little mug and found a spoon, and brought them all to me. I was impressed---it seems to me like that requires fairly complex thinking and planning ahead, which I wouldn't have guessed she had as much of as that shows.

Sunday was very exciting, as Janey ASKED to use the potty, sat on it for quite a while, and actully finally did pee in it! First time EVER she has peed in a potty. And it was more impressive it was her idea. Maybe I should have followed my instincts and let potty training be more driven by her. However, I certainly wouldn't call her ANYWHERE close to potty trained, but it's a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

David Billheimer said...

We're so proud of Janey.