Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2008

Hands in front of eyes

Janey is doing something I guess is technically called "stimming" a lot. She holds her fingers in front of her eyes and looks at them, moves them around and looks at light and dust through them. She also makes them into circles and uses them like telescopes. It's more and more of the time. I hate to see it---it's like she is fading away in front of me when she does that. I don't know how to keep her from doing it. Today I tried doing it with her, making it a game and talking to her about it, but I don't think that did much. I am resorting now and then to pulling away her hands and saying "don't do that" but I doubt that does a thing.

She did today remember I told her days ago that one of her toys needed new batteries. She brought it to me and said "It's broken. It needs batteries."

I tried toilet training stuff a lot this morning---putting her in just leggings so she could pull them down easily, putting her on the potty a lot---nothing. She did run into me after wetting all over the kitchen floor and her leggings and said "I can't pee in the potty"----yup, I noticed that, Janey. Probably a very encouraing connection but sometimes I get tired of encouraging and just want actual results!

No comments: