Search This Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Talking more today

Janey seemed to talk more today. It's hopeful when that happens, but it probably sort of makes us too hopeful sometimes, like somehow she will snap out of this as suddenly as she snapped into it. She said "I want to see Micio" (her uncle's cat) and sang most all of Jingle Bells, and told her teacher she wanted more water. 6 months ago this all would have been routine, but now it made it seem like a great day. It snowed a lot, and she seemed to like looking at it. She draws all the time, and I keep looking to see if she is drawing actual things, it's getting closer. It's interesting loops and lines and designs right now. I feel a little more hopeful about things. It is funny how it would seem wonderful now if she could just be high functioning autistic, or Aspergers, or many things. It's so scary when she doesn't talk at all. Still a lot of the "insane laughing" as we call it. It's disconcerting.

1 comment:

1 out of 64 said...

The more I read your blog, the more I am grateful I found you. I hear so many similarities between our daughters. And you wrote this blog right around the time she was my daughter's age. The only difference is my daughter does not have words. The laughing, oh the laughing, I totally understand!