Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Halloween!

Janey came up to me just now and said "Halloween!" in her voice that means "I want Halloween right now!" Then she said "custom" which I figured out meant "costume". And after that "Peter and the Wolf!" A nice golden week sequence. I have no idea where she has ever heard of Peter and the Wolf, and I've never heard her say "costume" before. And last Halloween, a brief attempt to get her in a costume and out trick-or-treating didn't go well at all. But still... I did my best to explain Halloween is a once a year kind of thing, and if we went trick-or-treating right now, we'd strike out, due to a lack of candy preparedness, to say nothing of how people would not like to be disturbed in the midst of the Super Bowl. Janey didn't get much of what I was saying, I'm sure, but I enjoyed the whole conversation, and she seems satisfied with my answer.

No comments: